lunedì 10 settembre 2012

Bolzano Tower off frequency


I was monitoring the frequency of Bolzano Radio on 120.600 mhz AM with a cheap (15 €) RTL2832U SDR. As a former military pilot and now Glider pilot I'm always interested on these kind of communications.
I expected that Bolzano Radio was at 120.600 Mhz, but the RTL SDR does not receive anything!!

Fortunately the spectrum of more of 1 Mhz is also visible on SDRSharp and the trick is done:

Clearly on the screenshot it's visible that the Tower seems 10 khz off frequency.



2 commenti:

  1. Paolo de Paolo :)
    Have you calibrated your SDR E4000 dongle? Mine at 1200 MHz is quite off-frequency requiring a "61" correction factor.
    I will check with similar local VHF traffic if there is a lot of difference in frequencies between fixed and airplane.

    RispondiElimina
  2. No Paolo I've not yet calibrated my SDR dongle, the strange is that some stations seems on the right frequencies!!

    RispondiElimina